Duties of the Circuit Clerk's office include maintaining the recorcords of the civil, criminal, domestic and juvenile divisions of the Circuit Courts, as well as court ordered child support collection, drug court and fine-collection court.
In addition, the Circuit Clerk serves as Ex-Officio recorder for the county, and records real estate instruments such as mortgages, releases, liens and surety bonds involving property in St. Francis County. Real estate records begin in 1864 and continue to the present. IRS and State of
Arkansas tax liens are also recorded in this office, as are Notary bonds.
The Clerk's office prepares lists of prospective jurors. A call-in number is in place for jurors to obtain the latest information:870-633-2035- of 1-800-570-5885. Jurors may also utilize the website
www.courts.Arkansas.gov/circuit for additional juror information.
Circuit Clerk and Ex-Officio Recorder, Bette S. Green
313 S Izard, Suite 8
Forrest city, AR 72335
P.O. Box 1775
Forrest City, AR 72336-1775
All Federal and State holidays observed
**THE LAW PROHIBITS THE CIRCUIT CLERK OR ANY OF ITS DEPUTIES FROM GIVING LEGAL ADVICE. THE OFFICE CAN NOT ACT AS ATTORNEYS AND DOES NOT HAVE FORMS TO OPEN ANY COURT CASES AND DOLES NOT HAVE FORMS CONCERNING PROPERTY. IF YOU NEED LEGAL ASSISTANCE YOU SHOULD SEEK AN ATTORNEY.
**LEGAL DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE PREPARED ACCORDING TO ARKANSAS STATUTES WHEN THEY ARE DELIVERED TO THE CIRCUIT CLERK'S OFFICE TO BE RECORDED.
- Land Recording Fees, Miscellaneous Filing, Notary Bond, Foreign Judgment, Materialman's Lien, Medical Lien - $15.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page.
- New Case Filing - $165.00
- Re-Open case - $50.00
- Certified Copies - $5.00 each
- Copies - $.25 per page
- Writ of Garnishment - $20.00
- Mortgage Assignment, Mortgage Release, or other Recordable Instruments with Multiple Names - $15.00 (1st page $5.00 for each additional $15.00 per additional instruments listed - not to exceed $300.00)
- Notice of Default on Non-Judical Foreclosure- $15.00 (1st page $5.00 for each additional Plus $140.00 additional - effective January 1st, 2008)
Judge L.T. Simes, II(Division 1)
P.O. Box 27775
West Helena, AR 72390
870-338-5518 Fax: 870-338-5591
Case Coordinator: Tiffaney S. Davis
Judge Richard Proctor (Division 2)
108 Mississippi St.
Wynne, AR 72396
870-238-3831 Fax: 870-238-7429
Case Coordinator: Gwen Bretherick
Judge Christopher W. Morledge (Division 3)
P.O. Box 1225
Forrest City, AR 72336-1225
870-270-1740 Fax: 870-261-1733
Trial Court Assistant: Donna Looney
Judge Kathleen Bell (Division 4)
P.O. Box 177
Helena-West Helena, AR 72342-0177
870-338-5522 Fax: 870-338-5595
Case Coordinator: Faire Bailey
Judge Ann Hudson (Division 5)
P.O. Box 995
Forrest City, AR 72336-0995
870-633-5995 Fax: 870-630-1203
Case Coordinator: Toni Martinez